Software Available to UMBC Users
The most popular software packages are available for bioinformatics, molecular modeling, computational physics, chemistry, biology, engineering, biomedical databases and sequence analysis, neural sciences and materials science, etc. We can also acquire other software if requested and if versions are available for our computing systems.
- All available software packages/tools on the UMBC computing systems, including
- Software name
- Link to the official website of the software
- Description of the software
- Tutorial on how to use the software on the UMBC computing systems.
- Software applications/tools listed by five categories, including
- Biological Sequence Analysis
- Molecular/Biological Modeling
- Statistical/Mathematical Analysis
- Next Generation Sequencing,
- Miscellaneous/others (compilers, graphics, software library, etc.)
- Software available on different computing systems of the UMBC, including
- Lewis (Multi-Vendor Compute Cluster, Linux system)
- Clark (SGI Altix 3700 Bx2, Linux system)
- Discovery (Sun/TimeLogic/FPGA system)
- Public databases maintained on the UMBC local computing systems for bioinformatics research
For information about how to access and run programs on the UMBC computing systems, see the UMBC User Guide for details.
All of our important user information is online. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, you can use the search box in the upper right corner of each page or take a look at the site map.